Our Immigration Attorneys are Here to Help
We are devoted solely to the practice of U.S. Immigration and Nationality Law and assist clients with a wide array of immigration questions and issues. U.S. Immigration law is complex and highly regulated. The law serves a variety of purposes: reuniting U.S. citizens and residents with relatives who live in different countries; providing an incentive for foreign investment in the U.S. economy; and connecting U.S. employers with valuable employees. Our Firm handles these matters and more.
Managing Attorney Jeff Khurgel is a Board Certified Immigration Specialist by the State Bar of California and draws from over fourteen years of experience in working with companies and immigrants to help them reach their immigration goals. Prior to founding the firm, Khurgel was a Partner and head of the Family Reunification Department at a large Pasadena, CA immigration law firm. Attorney Khurgel has also worked with USCIS and was a U.S. Foreign Service Officer for the Department of State.
Summary of Services
I. FOREIGN NATIONALS SEEKING WORK VISAS IN THE UNITED STATES
We handle immigration visas for individuals and corporations. We assist professional workers (H-1B) aliens of extraordinary ability (O-1 and EB-1), business transferees (L-1), students with status questions, National Interest Waivers (NIW) applicants, foreigners with an Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability (EB-2), and many others. We understand that is it important for businesses to have access to a global workforce, and we understand that America continues to be a magnet for the world’s best and brightest. We offer representation for all types of employment visas.
II. FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRATION AND WAIVERS
Our law firm handles all family-based immigration issues. We represent families pursuing a Green Card in the U.S. and at U.S. Embassies outside of the U.S. Our practice includes marriage, fiancée, and other family immigration matters, including employment authorization. We have a strong record of success in various Waivers, including hardship waivers for fraud, crimes and overstay. We also handle Provisional Waivers (I-601A) and J-1 Waivers of the 2-year home residency requirement. Our family practice includes Deportation Defense and Deferred Action for childhood arrivals (DACA).
III. VISAS FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING IMMIGRATION THROUGH INVESTMENT
Our firm handles immigration matters for individuals wanting to come to the U.S. temporarily or permanently based on a capital investment. The E-2 visa is a 5-year renewable visa for individuals coming to the U.S. to start a business and requires a “substantial investment”. The fifth-preference (EB-5) allows for a permanent Green Card. The classification was created by Congress in 1990 to stimulate the U.S. economy through job creation and investment by foreign investors, and requires either an investment of $500,000 – $1 million depending on the location of the enterprise.
IV. WE ARE A GLOBAL IMMIGRATION LAW FIRM
Our law firm is easily adaptable to the global needs of the U.S. immigration community. Our Consular knowledge is sought out by applicants overseas applying for Visas, Waivers, and following Denials at U.S. Embassies. Attorney Khurgel has either worked in or represented visa applicants before over 60 Embassies and Consulates around the world. The firm also represents clients at USCIS offices and Immigration Courts throughout the U.S. Through close phone, email and Skype communication, we bring our expertise to our clients, no matter their location.
- New EB-2 National Interest Waiver Standards AnnouncedBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on January 2, 2017
- I-94s, Passport Stamps and Periods of Admission – The Importance of Understanding How Long you can Remain in the U.S.By Jeff Khurgel | Posted on December 21, 2016
- 3 Tips to Make the Most of Your Immigration ConsultationBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on December 12, 2016
- Provisional Waiver (I-601(A)) Will Now Include Family Members of U.S. ResidentsBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on October 31, 2016
- Five Things to Know About the New Parole Entrepreneur ProgramBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on August 30, 2016
- India-Based U.S. Consulates Currently Experiencing Visa Appointment BacklogsBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on August 29, 2016
- E-2 Visa: What is the Required Investment Amount?By Jeff Khurgel | Posted on August 21, 2016
- Supreme Court Ruling Blocks Immigration Executive ActionsBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on June 23, 2016
- Considering Applying for U.S. Naturalization? Here are 10 Common Myths and MisperceptionsBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on June 6, 2016
- Success Stories! Asylum Granted After BIA MTR & Chinese Parent-Child Petition Saved After 14 YearsBy Jeff Khurgel | Posted on May 17, 2016