Close Menu

Immigration For Investors and Entrepreneurs

Generally, U.S. Immigration Law Provides for two mechanisms by which individuals can come to the U.S. based on a capital investment: a 2-year, renewable E-2 Visa and the permanent resident (“Green Card”) EB-5 Investor Immigrant Visa.

The E-2 Visa is for individuals wanting to come to the U.S. to start a business into which they have invested a substantial amount of capital. The definition of “substantial” is complex and varies by industry. Attorney Khurgel has had E-2s with investment amounts of between $100,000 – $400,000 approved. E-2 visa holders are admitted into the U.S. for a period of up to two years and the status can be extended in two-year increments indefinitely.

Further general information about the E-2 visa can be found here. Schedule a consultation for an evaluation of the viability of an E-2 investment.  An article relating to start up visas for entrepreneurs can be found here.

The EB-5, unlike the E-2, is an immigrant visa, leading to permanent residency. This Green Card category applies to business investors who invest $1 million or $500,000 (if the investment is made in a targeted employment area) in a new commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 full-time U.S. workers. Strict requirements govern the investment enterprise and the source of the investor’s funding. Schedule a consultation to discuss the viability of investment-based fifth preference (EB-5) immigration eligibility and to learn more. Further information regarding the EB-5 visa and status is available here.

Update! EB-5 Investment Minimums increased in November of 2019.

Share This Page:
Designed and Powered by NextClient

© 2016 - 2024 Khurgel Immigration Law Firm. All rights reserved.
Custom WebShop™ attorney website design by